BMI has been manufacturing lightweight metal tiles for the last 40 years and BMI AeroDek has set a new standard for metal tile roofing. Incomparable in quality, AeroDek tiles are built to last. They can provide you with watertight roofing for at least 40 years. They are backed by comprehensive technical support to provide expert advice throughout the lifespan of a project.
Replicating the appearance of traditional clay, concrete or slate tiles, AeroDek lightweight roof tiles are composed of a galvanised steel core protected by a resilient, multi-layer coating of stone coated finish. The result is a roof tile which is typically one seventh the weight of traditional alternatives, requires far less maintenance and is much more secure, able to withstand both extreme weather and most vandalism.
The tiles lightweight construction makes them easy to handle and install on roof pitches as low as 10°, the tiles can also be hung vertically, and as they can be installed on lighter roof construction they can significantly reduce overall construction time and cost. As AeroDek lightweight roof tiles are dry-fixed, installation is not weather dependent, and the secure fixing method eliminates the risk of repair or replacement during the lifetime of the roof, further reducing whole life costs for the building.
AeroDek tiles are made using steel, the most recycled material in the world. Once decommissioned, AeroDek tiles can be recycled. Lightweight and easier to pack and transport, AeroDek systems help to minimise CO2 emissions and the demand on fossil fuels.
Features & Benefits
- Suitable for roof pitches as low as 10°
- Highly secure, durable and weather resistant with a 40 year guarantee
- Secured by Design accreditation - exclusive to BMI AeroDek
- Loss Prevention Certification Board accreditation (LPCB) to LPS 1175 certificate 834a.
- Low maintenance - BS5534
- NHBC standards 2016
- One-seventh the weight of concrete roof tiles
- Low whole life cost of ownership when compared to more traditional roofing products.
- Easily used on all types of roof shape, ideal for pitched to flat conversions as low as 10°
- AeroDek lightweight roof tiles are strong, robust and vandal resistant.