AirShield Vapour Control Layer
The AirShield membrane is a high performing vapour control layer and effective air barrier. Its robust composition and reflective surface enhances the overall thermal performance of walls, ceilings and floors. AirShield contains a highly reflective foil with a high strength polyester reinforcement sandwiched between polyethylene for strength and superior water vapour resistance.
Features & Benefits
- Superior strength yet enables easier installation and detailing.
- Improved thermal performance saving costs and energy.
- Energy and cost effective by improving the thermal performance of insulation by reducing convection flow.
- Reflective, corrosion-resistant surface that increases performance throughout the lifetime of the product.
- Excellent vapour resistance helps avoid condensation risk, ensuring a safe and sound structure.
In addition to the superior vapour control performance over any standard 800 gauge polyethylene films, the highly reflective and low emissivity foil face also contributes to the thermal enhancement of the structure once installed with the reflective surface facing towards a still-air cavity. This means not only does AirShield help to maintain the calculated U-value by limiting convection it can also help contribute to the structure’s U-value.
AirShield is approved and tested as a vapour barrier under the European CE marking and is classified as a Type A membrane in the EN 13984 standard.
||AirShield Vapour Control Layer
||50m x 1.5m
Product Data and Performance
||Top side: Silver metal. Under side: Clear
||MD: 400 N/50mm , CD: 425 N/50mm
|Nail Tear Resistance:
||MD: 180 N , CD: 185 N
|Water Vapour Resistance: