Icopal Insulation Spray Adhesive is part of the range of Icopal professional high performance spray applied adhesives. It offers a speedy application, and the low rise, quick setting adhesive formula means that the insulation boards only have to be placed once.
Icopal Insulation Spray Adhesive is a single component moisture cured polyurethane adhesive. The adhesive contains no VOCs and uses non-flammable propellants reducing the risks associated with pressurised canisters. The product is supplied in a 22-litre pressurised canister and is applied using a spray applicator gun. The canister is pressurised with a non-flammable propellant thereby reducing the storage requirements for the adhesive compared to other canister products currently in the marketplace..
Icopal Insulation Spray Adhesive is intended for use as an adhesive to bond a range of warm roof thermal insulations boards to various compatible substrates.
Icopal Insulation Spray Adhesive foams to compensate for any undulations of the roof deck including laps in vapour control layers, ensuring a strong, permanent and polymeric bond. The professional spray applied system boasts a substantial coverage rate per canister of up to 350 m² - allowing vast areas of the roof to be covered in a short space of time, also aided by a quick cure time of 15 minutes at 20 °.
Features and Benefits
- Self-contained airless spray adhesive system.
- Speedy application with up to 350m² coverage per canister (with beads at 300mm).
- Precise application through spray wand.
- Polymeric, remains flexible.
- Boards secure within 15 minutes.
- Foaming adhesive for uneven surfaces.
- Strong, permanent bond.
- No release of VOCs to the atmosphere.
- Reduces waste.
||Unit of Sale
||Icopal Insulation Spray Adhesive (22 litre canister)
Application Guns & Replacement Tips
||Insulation Spray Adhesive Gun - 470mm long
Membrane Spray Hoses
||Icopal Braided Hose 3.6m
||Icopal Hose & Gun Cleaning Adapter
||Icopal Hose & Gun Cleaner 500ml
Product Data and Performance
|Size (net volume):
|Coverage per canister:
||Up to 350m2 of surface area
||5 °C to 35 °C
Icopal Insulation Spray Adhesive is compatible with a range of absorbent and non-absorbent insulation boards to a variety of substrate types. It can bond the following insulation types:
Tissue faced PIR insulations boards, expanded polystyrene (EPS), bitumen faced insulation boards, extruded polystyrene (XPS), cellular glass insulation boards, cork insulation boards.
Compatible substrates include: plywood/OSB, concrete, metal decks, existing aged bitumen roof coverings, mastic asphalt (sand rubbed) and mineral surfaced bitumen roofing and bituminous vapour control layers.
For other materials not listed above, it will be necessary to carry out preliminary adhesion tests and observe insulation manufacturer’s instructions.
Icopal Insulation Spray Adhesive is applied using a spray wand, allowing for easy, precise and rapid installation. The spray wand ensures consistent bead size when applied to the deck, reducing wastage and ensuring accurate and secure installation. The wand also removes the need for contractors to repeatedly bend over throughout the installation, combined with a long braided hose the Icopal Spray Insulation Adhesive system provides maximum manoeuvrability.
As the adhesive is rapid curing in 15 minutes it allows for quick installation of insulation boards typically half the cure time of poured single component polyurethanes. This allows for insulation boards to be secured and ready for waterproofing systems to be subsequently applied.
Ensure the substrate is structurally sound and free of surface laitance, oils, grease, dirt, frost, moss, lichen, and loose material.
The surface should be smooth and level, free from sharp projections and any material which would hinder adhesion. The surface should be free of ponded water. Do not apply if rain is imminent, remove all ponded water and allow at least 1 hour drying before applying the adhesive.
Canister Set-up Procedure
- Attach one end of the hose to the spray wand and tighten the nut with a spanner. Ensure spray tip is present on spray wand.
- Remove the black cap on the canister valve and attach the hose to the valve, then tighten the nut with a spanner.
- Once both nuts are tightened and secure, open the valve on the top of the canister.
- Begin spraying the adhesive by pulling the trigger on the spray wand, adjust the bead size by turning the black valve on the spray wand until a bead size of approximately 20 – 40 mm is achieved. DO NOT close canister valve until the canister is completely empty. To do so may cause adhesive to block in the hose.
- When work is complete, turn the black valve on the spray wand clockwise until fully closed. Clean the end of the spray wand with Hose and Gun Cleaner ensuring that the aperture is clean. Once the canister is empty, the hose to the canister valve can be removed and attached to a fresh canister.
- Apply adhesive in 20 – 40 mm wide beads of adhesive at 200 mm centres for roof perimeters and critical areas, and 300 mm centres for normal roof exposures, or in compliance with specific wind uplift calculations for the project in question. Increased coverage rate is required for bonding mineral wool insulation.
- Place insulation boards directly into wet adhesive, applying pressure to ensure full contact into the adhesive.