Icopal T.P.I. Insulation Adhesive is a foaming two-part rapid curing polyurethane adhesive. The adhesive contains no volatile solvents. It is supplied in a 1500 millilitre twin cartridge and is applied using a battery powered applicator gun. The product is packaged 4 cartridges per box, together with 6 mixer tubes.
The adhesive is manufactured from bio-renewable materials and is VOC and odour free, making it the ideal product for sensitive areas of application where health and safety is of the utmost importance to the client. It is also an ideal adhesive for swift application as the product is rapid curing, and can secure materials in as little as 10 to 15 minutes from application.
Icopal T.P.I. Insulation Adhesive is intended for use as an adhesive to bond a range of warm roof thermal insulations boards to various compatible substrates.
The adhesive forms a strong, permanent bond with excellent adhesion and flexibility even at low temperatures. Icopal T.P.I. Insulation Adhesive was developed with the purpose of allowing for simple, uniform and accurate application on-site whilst remaining both as environmentally and health and safety friendly as possible.
Features and Benefits
- Propellant-free packaging, simple disposal
- Consistent mixing through static mixer nozzle
- No release of volatile solvents to the atmosphere
- Foaming adhesive for uneven substrates
- Cold applied, easy application
- Polymeric, remains flexible with strong permanent bond
- Boards secured within 10 minutes..
Icopal T.P.I. Insulation Adhesive is applied using a powered mixing applicator gun, allowing for easy, precise and rapid installation. The mixing element ensures the two components are thoroughly mixed, removing the possibility of human error and ensures the correct bead size is applied to the substrate.
The adhesive is rapid curing in 10 minutes and provides quick installation of insulation boards. This allows insulation boards to be secured and ready for waterproofing systems to be subsequently applied with minimal delay.
The foam is of low density and ensures boards are not lifted when the foaming reaction begins. And spreads horizontally to compensate for any undulations of the substrate.
||Unit of Sale
||Icopal T.P.I. Insulation Adhesive
||Icopal TP Applicator Gun Kit
Product Data and Performance
|Coverage per 1500 ml:
||@300 mm ctrs: 14 m²
@200 mm ctrs: 9 m²
||Part A: Blue; Part B: Yellow;
||0 °C to 30 °C
Icopal T.P.I. Insulation Adhesive is compatible with a range of absorbent and non-absorbent insulation boards to a variety of substrate types. It can bond the following insulation types:
Tissue and foil faced PIR insulations boards, expanded polystyrene (EPS), bitumen faced insulation boards, extruded polystyrene (XPS), cellular glass insulation boards, cork insulation boards.
Compatible substrates include: plywood/OSB, concrete, metal decks, existing aged bitumen roof coverings, mastic asphalt (sand rubbed) and mineral surfaced bitumen roofing and bituminous vapour control layers.
For other materials not listed above, it will be necessary to carry out preliminary adhesion tests and observe insulation manufacturer’s instructions..
Ensure the substrate is structurally sound and free of surface laitance, oils, grease, dirt, frost, moss, lichen, loose material and any material which would hinder adhesion. Ensure the substrate is dry and free of standing water.
- Unscrew the plastic cover from the cartridge head and remove the red insert -- - If you plan on reusing the cartridge, clean the tips to prevent cross contamination when reinserting into the cartridge head.
- Screw on the plastic mixer tube, ensuring it is tightly secured.
- Place the cartridge in to the applicator gun.
- Dispense a small amount of adhesive until a consistent green colour is achieved.
- Apply the adhesive in parallel beads 6 to 12mm in size. Beads should be at 200 mm centres for roof perimeters and critical areas, and 300 mm centres for normal roof exposures, or in compliance with specific wind uplift calculations for the project in question.
- The insulation boards should be placed immediately into the wet adhesive. The boards will be bonded within 10 minutes, and installation of the waterproofing can continue.
Important Note: If the mixed adhesive is left standing in the plastic mixer tube for more than 20 seconds it will thicken and a new mixer tube will be required.
Please read through the product material safety datasheet prior to use.