Dalite Rooflights are specifically designed to meet the growing Environmental, Thermal and Structural demands of today’s Building sector.
Features & Benefits
- Reduction in CO2 emissions - Research shows that rooflights equating to 15 - 20% of the roof area will positively contribute to an overall reduction in CO2 emissions. (Ref - NARM - Designing with rooflights).
- Reduces Energy Costs – It is conclusively proven that rooflights can save energy in many applications through the reduction in the requirement for artificial light and lower heating cost due to natural solar gain.
- Reduces Carbon Footprint – Research has shown that typically the total CO2 emissions associated with all aspects of operating a building without rooflights can be over 50% higher than for a building with 12% rooflights.
- Promotes Health & Wellbeing – Lack of natural daylight can lead to lethargy or in serious cases seasonal affective disorder. Rooflights bring more natural light into the building resulting in an improved overall environment leading to a feeling of wellbeing for occupants. Hospital studies have shown that recovery rate of patients is accelerated where levels of natural light are increased.
- Promotes improved productivity – Natural Daylight improves concentration so that working environments, offices or factories, with daylight tend to achieve better productivity. In education, research shows a positive correlation between classrooms with good natural light and improved student performance - and attendance.
- Code Credits – Rooflights can achieve up to 3 credits within section 7.0.1 Daylighting of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Acoustic Performance – All rooflights must satisfy demanding acoustic performance requirements, additionally the Dalite Acoustic Pack can be integrated with fixed unvented domes to further reduce noise from rain or other external sources. The Dalite Acoustic Pack can earn BREEAM credits and reduces noise by circa 65% (15db).
- Contemporary Design – The sleek lines and low rise dome design provide the ultimate in rooflight aesthetics including powder coated frame colour options and glass or polycarbonate glazing.
- Best Value – The Icopal Dalite Range is designed to suit all budgetary requirements and is delivered to the project as a factory assembled unit ready to install.
Building Regulations Part L acknowledges the effectiveness of rooflights as a way to increase the amount of natural daylight entering a building.