Pipe Penetrations Through Single Ply Membranes
- Use Monarplan pre-fabricated pipe boots where possible.
- Remove any existing lead flashing, old paint, and rust where applicable and clean surface to receive membrane flashing.
- Cut pre-fabricated pipe boot to the appropriate pipe diameter and slide into position.
- Install mastic sealant between the Monarplan Pipe Boot and the pipe and secure with a stainless steel clamping ring (eg. jubilee clip).
- Where pre-fabricated pipe boots are not practical, wrap the pipe with unreinforced Monarplan D in accordance with the appropriate detail.
1. Pipe ø 50-125mm.
2. Stainless steel clamping ring.
4. Monarplan single ply membrane.
5. Monarplan pre-moulded pipe flashing
7. Washer & fastener.
8. Hot air weld min. 40mm.
9. Mastic sealant.
10. Vapour control layer.
Pipe penetrations that exceed 50°C require an oversize insulated sleeve to flash to.
Video demonstrating installation of Monarplan Pipe Flashings
Associated Monarplan Products