Xtra-Load® Alumite is a high-performance, tough, site-capable gas resistant damp proof course, developed in response to the need for a dual functioning loadbearing membrane which is capable of being compatibly bonded to the Icopal ground membrane across the footprint of the building.
Alumite when correctly detailed and installed will be an effective gas retardant damp proof course for the life of the building in time.
Features & Benefits
- Provides resistance to Radon, Methane and CO2.
- Good tensile strength.
- Excellent elongation at break.
- Resistant to tearing.
- Use in low and medium compressive load situations.
- Compatible with all forms of DPM.
- Joints and seals easily.
- Excellent mortar adhesion.
- High water vapour resistance.
- Compatible with Xtra-Load Pre-formed Cavity Tray Units.
- BBA Ceertificate 96/3271
Xtra-Load® Alumite DPC is manufactured from a strong polyester fleece and PET/alu/PET core and coated with an SBS modified bitumen which is finished with a silica sand to give additional bond strength. Alumite has a low permeability to methane and other gases; including radon.
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 100mm
||8m x 0.100m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 150mm
||8m x 0.150m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 200mm
||8m x 0.200m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 225mm
||8m x 0.225m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 300mm
||8m x 0.300m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 338mm
||8m x 0.338m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 390mm
||8m x 0.390m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 450mm
||8m x 0.450m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 500mm
||8m x 0.450m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 600mm
||8m x 0.600m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 750mm
||8m x 0.750m
||Xtra-Load Alumite DPC 1000mm
||8m x 1.00m
Product Data and Performance
||Fine silica sand both sides
|Type of Reinforcement:
||Polyester with aluminium foil
|Nominal Weight / unit area:
Compatibility: Xtra-Load® Alumite DPC is compatible with all materials with which it will be in contact with in normal construction, with the exception of timber preservatives based on creosote or tar oils. It is unaffected by timber preservatives that are water based solutions of salts. It may be softened by some solvent based products and is not compatible with pitch polymer damp proof courses and should not therefore be used in combination with these products.
General: A sharp knife is necessary to cut the damp proof course. Work can be carried out under all weather conditions normal to the construction of the wall. The material maintains sufficient flexibility to be installed at low temperatures.
Installation must follow Icopal's instructions and normal good practice for the detailing of damp-proof courses as set out in ‘BS EN 1996-1-1 : 2005', 'BS EN 1996-2 : 2006', 'BS EN 1996-3 : 2006' and their respective UK National Annexes, and 'PD 6697 : 2010' and must be in accordance with the relevant clauses of ‘BS 8215: Code of practice for design and installation of damp-proof courses in masonry construction’.
- Xtra-Load Alumite DPC must extend through the full thickness of the wall leaf, including pointing, applied rendering or other material.
- Xtra-Load Alumite DPC to be laid on a fresh, even bed of mortar and perforations in adjacent courses of blockwork must be completely filled with mortar.
- All lap joints in Xtra-Load Alumite DPC must have a minimum 100mm overlap and sealed with Icopal Jointing Tape.
- Xtra-Load Alumite preformed cavity tray units must be used at stop-ends and all corners or changes in level of cavity trays.
- Where a separate damp proof course is laid on each leaf at the base of a wall it is essential that the damp proof course is not allowed to project into the cavity allowing mortar droppings to build up and cause possible bridging of the cavity and moisture penetration across the cavity to the inner leaf.
- Xtra-Load Alumite DPC must not be damaged by cavity cleaning after installation.
- Precautions to be taken during subsequent work should include the following:
a. Use of cavity battens to prevent mortar droppings from reaching DPC.
b. Removal of droppings before they harden.
c. Inspection of cavity trays as work proceeds to check for damage.
- When using Xtra-Load Alumite DPC with boot lintels or similar, it is recommended that the material is installed to follow lintel profile.