Xtra-Load A robust and flexible bitumen DPC, 3mm thick, available in a range of widths from 100mm to 1m x 8m long.
Xtra-Load Nubit DPC’s are manufactured on strong polyester reinforcement with SBS modified bitumen on both sides and finished with a fine silica sand on both sides enhancing mortar adhesion.
Features & Benefits
- Good tensile strength
- Excellent elongation at break
- Resistant to tearing
- Use in low and medium compressive load situations
- Compatible with all forms of DPM
- Joints and seals easily
- Excellent mortar adhesion
- High water vapour resistance
- Compatible with Xtra-Load Pre-formed Cavity Tray Units
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 100mm
||100mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 113mm
||113mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 150mm
||150mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 225mm
||225mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 300mm
||300mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 338mm
||338mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 450mm
||450mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 600mm
||600mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 750mm
||750mm x 8m
||Xtra-Load Nubit DPC 1000mm
||1000mm x 8m
Product Data and Performance
||Fine silica sand both sides
|Type of Reinforcement:
|Nominal Weight / unit area:
Durability: When properly specified and installed, Xtra-Load® Nubit DPC will in normal circumstances remain effective during the lifetime of the building.
Compatibility: Xtra-Load® Nubit DPC is compatible with all materials with which it will be in contact with in normal construction, with the exception of timber preservatives based on creosote or tar oils. It is unaffected by timber preservatives that are water based solutions of salts. It may be softened by some solvent based products and is not compatible with pitch polymer damp proof courses and should not therefore be used in combination with these products.
General: A sharp knife is necessary to cut the damp proof course. Work can be carried out under all weather conditions normal to the construction of the wall. The material maintains sufficient flexibility to be installed at low temperatures.
Installation must follow Icopal's instructions and normal good practice for the detailing of damp-proof courses as set out in ‘BS EN 1996-1-1 : 2005', 'BS EN 1996-2 : 2006', 'BS EN 1996-3 : 2006' and their respective UK National Annexes, and 'PD 6697 : 2010' and must be in accordance with the relevant clauses of ‘BS 8215: Code of practice for design and installation of damp-proof courses in masonry construction’.
- Xtra-Load Nubit DPC must extend through the full thickness of the wall leaf, including pointing, applied rendering or other material.
- Xtra-Load Nubit DPC to be laid on a fresh, even bed of mortar and perforations in adjacent courses of blockwork must be completely filled with mortar.
- All lap joints in Xtra-Load Nubit DPC must have a minimum 100mm overlap and sealed with Icopal Jointing Tape.
- Xtra-Load Nubit preformed cavity tray units must be used at stop-ends and all corners or changes in level of cavity trays.
- Where a separate damp proof course is laid on each leaf at the base of a wall it is essential that the damp proof course is not allowed to project into the cavity allowing mortar droppings to build up and cause possible bridging of the cavity and moisture penetration across the cavity to the inner leaf.
- Xtra-Load Nubit DPC must not be damaged by cavity cleaning after installation.
- Precautions to be taken during subsequent work should include the following:
a. Use of cavity battens to prevent mortar droppings from reaching DPC.
b. Removal of droppings before they harden.
c. Inspection of cavity trays as work proceeds to check for damage.
- When using Xtra-Load Nubit DPC with boot lintels or similar, it is recommended that the material is installed to follow lintel profile