BMI Canopia ST Wildflower Mat System
An extensive lightweight green roof system utilising a pre-grown vegetation mat sown with a mix of thirty eight wildflower and grass species. Meadow systems are designed to create the look of a terrestrial wildflower meadow and the use of pre-grown mat creates a green planting scheme with instant impact. The vegetation mat is installed on a shallow depth of specially formulated free-draining substrate and drainage board.
||Canopia ST Wildflower Mat
||1.0m x 1.0m
|System dry weight
|System saturated weight
|System typical depth
|Growing substrate depth
||100 mm (settled)
|Composition - Growing Medium:
||20mm Biodiverse Mix
||Flat / level
The species of plants are chosen to provide visual interest with a wide range of flowering periods and food sources to attract a diverse range of invertebrates.
Initial: Irrigation required immediately after installation for up to 8 - 12 months until fully established. Recommended irrigation period: 12 months. Pitched roofs retain less water and therefore permanent irrigation system should be considered.
Once established: Irrigation is only generally required during prolonged periods of hot dry weather.
Water source: A roof top source with a pressure of 2.5-3 bar and a flow rate of 60 L/min is recommended to connect a temporary system if required.
- A lightweight system suitable for a range of roof construction types
- Attractive mix of wildflower and grass species
- Taller flower/grass species to create a better creature habitat
- Moderate - high range of diversity
- Moderate - high provision of nectar and pollen to attract insects
- Suitable for flat and shallow pitched roofs
- Versatile system; quick and easy to install
- Medium to low levels of maintenance
- Pre-grown mat provides an instant green coverage